Points about Diesel Engines
There was no noticeable tendency to use diesel engines in cars. But because of OPEC oil proscription during a certain era, they have raised in sales and invaded the markets.
Despite of the effectiveness of diesel engines, but they have some historical problems that caused their decline:
- Diesel engines are heavier than gasoline engines because of its higher compression ratio.
- Diesel cars and diesel engine are more expensive than gas.
- Diesel cars are slower than gas car because their weight and compression ratio, so their RBM ranges are lower than gas, which let diesel engine more torque than horsepower.
- Because of diesel engines are fuel injected they are very expensive and not trust.
- They produce funny smoke and smell comparing of gasoline engine.
- It is difficult to operate in cold weather until their glow plugs heat up.
- They are annoying and trend to vibrate slightly.
- At the end they are less availability.